글번호
작성일
2024-08-05
수정일
2024-08-05
작성자
홍보팀 (032-835-9490)
조회수

§Through a short interview with Professor Lee Dong-ho of the Department of Safety Engineering, who will retire from the retirement age in August this year, I would like to reflect on the achievements and activities that the professor has shown to the university and society.

Professor Lee Dong-ho of the Department of Safety Engineering

§How do you feel about the professor's retirement from the retirement age

Looking back on 33 years of teaching, many emotions intersect. First of all, I would like to deeply thank the university, my fellow professors, and my students for giving me this opportunity. You gave me a lot of support and encouragement during the time together, and because of that, I was able to achieve my academic achievements and educational goals. 

Life as a professor has been a series of constant learning and teaching. I was able to grow constantly in the passionate eyes and questions of the students. It was very rewarding to see your achievements and developments, which further strengthened my educational philosophy. Of course, there were some moments that were not easy. The introduction of new educational methods, the times when I tried to keep up with changing academic trends, and the moments when I had difficulty communicating with students all came as valuable learning opportunities. 

Now I am stepping down from this position, but my affection for the university and the students remains unchanged. I will continue to support and watch your growth, and I am ready to be with you whenever necessary. Lastly, thank you again to everyone who congratulated me on my retirement, and I wish you a bright future with the National Incheon National University. I sincerely hope all of you achieve your dreams and goals. Thank you.

§ Major achievements in the past

academic achievements

Presentation of research and papers: published papers (27 SCI levels, 131 registered papers), presentation of academic conferences (19 international, 194 domestic)

Book and compilation: Part 2 (noise vibration prevention theory, fire heat transfer for performance-oriented design)

Projects and challenges: 47 cases, order amount (KRW 2,861,883,000)

Association activities: Korean Society of Equipment Engineering (1992-2000), Korean Society of Safety (1992~Jongshin), Korean Society of Fire and Fire Protection (1999~Jongshin), and Korean Society of Fire and Disaster Prevention (2000~Jongshin)

Patents: 13 cases

educational achievements

Open lectures: Material mechanics (1992~), mechanical safety (1992~), safety and start-up (2016~), fire flow ventilation practice (2016~), disaster prevention planning practice (2016~), fire fighting equipment and structure theory (2018~)

Lecture and education fields: 2010 Academic Research Award, 2023 Academic Research Award, 2019 Best Lecture Award (English Lecture)

Student Guidance and Mentoring: RISE (2018-2023: 41 guidance students), EATED (2019-2023: 30 guidance students), undergraduate student award (2019-2023: 30 guidance students), undergraduate student award (Best Paper Award at the 2021 Korea Disaster Prevention Association Academic Presentation Conference, Best Paper Award at the 2022 Korean Red Cross Paper Contest, Best Paper Award at the 2023 Korea Disaster Prevention Association Academic Presentation Conference, and the 2023 Korea Disaster Prevention Association Contest)

Awards and accolades: Outstanding Paper Award of the Korean Society of Safety: 1st, Outstanding Presentation Award of the Korean Society of Safety: 6th, Outstanding Paper of the Korean Society of Fire Prevention: 3rd, Outstanding Presentation Award of the Korean Society of Fire and Fire Protection: 7th, Outstanding Paper Award of the Korean Society of Industrial Science and Technology: 1st, Academic Award of the Korean Society of Safety (2008), Commendation of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (2008), Best Researcher (2011), Academic Award of the Korea Society of Safety and Management (2014), Excellence Award of the Korean Red Cross Competition (2022), Grand Prize of the Korean Society of Emergency Management (2023), Minister of Public Administration and Security (2023)

social contribution

external activities and services: Adviser Professor (2011-2012), Namdong-gu Incheon Metropolitan City Self-Evaluation Committee (2011-2013), Incheon Fire School Adviser (2011-2012), Yeonsu-gu Incheon Metropolitan City Architecture Committee (2011), Member of the evaluation committee for spatial safety certification (2011-2013), member of the LNG plant project group of the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2012-2013), and member of the K-water General Technical Review Committee (2015-2016), Incheon Metropolitan City Disaster Response Safety Korea Training Self-Evaluation Committee (2015), Specialized Evaluation Team under the Korean Research Foundation's Academic Journal Development Committee (2015), and Gyeonggi Province Local Public Officials Appointment Examination Questionnaire (2015), Incheon Metropolitan City Fire Investigation Committee (2015-2025), Incheon Metropolitan City Fire Technology Review Committee (2015-2019), Gyeonggi-do Construction Technology Review Committee (2016-2019), Incheon Metropolitan City Local Construction Technology Review Committee (2016-2017), Incheon Metropolitan City Safety Specialized Mobile Inspection Team (2017-2019), Incheon Metropolitan City Performance-oriented Design Confirmation Evaluation Team (2017-2021), Construction of the Gyeonggi Northern Comprehensive Welfare Support Center for the Disabled (2017), Gwangmyeong Technical Advisory Committee (2018-2023), Incheon International Airport Corporation's four-stage construction advisory committee (2018-2023), Incheon International Airport Corporation's safety quality advisory committee (2019-2021), Seoul Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Corporation's first technical review committee (2021-2023), Incheon Metropolitan City's Jung-gu Safety Management Advisory Group (2021-2023), Incheon International Airport Corporation's safety management committee (2021-2023)

contribution to the popularization of academics: Publicization of Performance Based Design (PBD) to secure space safety in the design stage with the aim of designing a safe structure through computer simulation-based fire risk assessment

Media appearances and contributions: KBS (2003, Daegu Subway Accident 2580), Gyeongin Broadcasting (2008)

Related organizations and MOUs: Ggenthns (2015), SY Chemical (2016), Pestec (2019), IoT Big Data Research Center (2020), IM (2020), Raum Health Environment (2020), Cheil Escalator (2021), AI Convergence Technology Institute (2021), Korea Safety and Quality Technology Institute (2021), Flaxim Korea (2002), Korea Institute of Construction Technology (2008), Korea Fire Insurance Association Disaster Prevention Testing Institute (2008), KI Technology (2007)

the training of junior students

•  a master's and doctoral discharge: Doctor (16 people), master's (31 people), and graduate thesis guidance (65 people)

Graduates' Emissions from University Professors: Four people

a contribution within a university

• committee activities: Director of the Industrial-Academic Cooperation Group, member of the Promotion Team for Promotion of Industry-Academic Cooperation-Centered Universities, member of the Songdo Campus Construction Status Evaluation Service, member of the University Personnel Committee, member of the Construction Technology Review Committee, member of the Student Welfare Rights Subcommittee, member of the Steering Committee of the Institute of Technology and Technology, and member of the Steering Committee of the Start-up Incubation Center

• contribution to the development of universities: Head of the Start-up Incubation Center (2006-2009, achieved No. 1 in the country), Head of the Fire Prevention Research Center: 2007-2024 (task orders: 47 cases, orders: KRW 2,861,883,000), Outstanding Research Institute: 3 times, Head of the Institute for Safety and Science Education: 2011-2024 (1,004 trainees discharged, education expenses: KRW 127,984,000)

Conference organized by the Fire and Disaster Prevention Research Center: Incheon National University Fire and Disaster Prevention Research Center Academic Conference (2009-2021: 7 times in total)

첨부파일